- Title: Philip J. Rasch Collection
- Collection Number: AC 439
- Size: 3 linear feet
- Location: Fray Angelico Chavez History Library, New Mexico History Museum, Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Link: Click Here to View the Complete Record for this Item.
- Scope and Content: This collection consists of the research material of historian and author Philip J. Rasch. It includes his many articles about New Mexican and southwestern gunslingers, lawmen, and outlaws. These articles were published in the English Westerners' Brand Book, Denver Westerners Monthly Roundup, Westerners New York Posse Brand Book, and the National Association and Center for Outlaw and Lawman History, among others. Associated research for the articles ranges from facsimiles of census, health department, criminal, political, and court records as well as transcriptions and copies of newspaper articles and telegrams from the late 19th century. In addition, the collection contains Rasch's extensive correspondence with researchers, editors, historical societies, and librarians.
- Access Terms:
- Peterson, Frederick A.
- Mexico -- Antiquities
- Mexico City (Mexico)
- Indian art -- Mexico
- Archaeologic expeditions -- Mexico
- Indians of Mexico
- Kickapoo Indians
- Church buildings -- Mexico
New forum topics
Your Opinion Counts
This Month in New Mexico History
|April 16, 1605 - Don Juan de Onate visits El Morro inscribing his name on Inscription Rock. This rock is the site of ancient Native American petroglyphs|
There are currently 0 users online.