- Title: South Martineztown urban renewal project oral history interviews 1998
- Creator: Martinez, Vincent, Martinez, Richard S., and Martinez, José L.
- Date: 1998
- Collection Number: MSS 642 SC
- Size: 1 folder (2 audiocassette tapes)
- Repository: University of New Mexico Center for Southwest Research
- Link: Click Here to View the Complete Record for this Item.
- Scope and Content: The collection consists of 2 audio cassettes. Tape 1 contains an interview between Vincent Martinez and José L. Martinez, an attorney representing Martineztown in their urban renewal plight. Vincent Martinez interviews longtime Martineztown resident, Richard S. Martinez in Tape 2. Both interviews focus on an urban renewal/redevelopment project in Martineztown (Albuquerque, N.M.) in the 1970s. The interviewees discuss the character of Martineztown and the impact that the project, as originally conceived, would have on the community. They describe the process of community organization, political participation, and activism developed to fight the proposed project, including the legal aspects of the process, the formation of the Citizens' Information Committee, and a march on City Hall.
- Access Terms:
- Martinez, Vincent, interviewer
- Martinez, Richard
- Martinez, José L.
- Citizens' Information Committee of Martineztown
- Martineztown (Albuquerque, N.M.) -- History
- Urban renewal -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Citizen participation
- Housing policy -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Citizen participation
- Urban renewal -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque --Case studies
- Community development, Urban -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Case studies
- City planning -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Citizen participation
- Community development, Urban -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque
- Housing rehabilitation -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque
- Hispanic American neighborhoods -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque
New forum topics
Your Opinion Counts
This Month in New Mexico History
|January 17, 1852 - Saloon owner Gertrudes Barcelo, a.k.a. La Doña Maria Gertrudis Barceló, dies.|
There are currently 0 users online.