- Title: Howard E. Roosa Papers 1925-1947
- Creator: Roosa, Howard E.
- Date: 1925-1947
- Collection Number: MSS 227 BC
- Size: 1 box (.35 cu. ft.)
- Repository: University of New Mexico Center for Southwest Research
- Link: Click Here to View the Complete Record for this Item.
- Scope and Content: The Howard Roosa collection contains theater playbills, opera programs, orchestra andrecital programs, lecture invitations, and newspaper clippings concerning cultural events inAlbuquerque, Santa Fe, and Taos in the 1920s and 1930s. Playbills from the KiMo Theatre,Crystal Theatre, Rodey Hall, and the Sunshine Theatre are included. Most of these playbills arefrom productions at the KiMo Theatre, performed by the Albuquerque Little Theater and directedby Kathryn Kennedy O'Connor. Brochures from the Society of Taos Artists, the UNM School ofPainting at Taos, and programs from art exhibits are also provided. Six articles by Roosaconcerning rare New Mexican books are also housed in the collection, as are several articlesauthored by noted Albuquerque tuberculosis specialist Leroy S. Peters.
- Access Terms:
- Peters, Leroy S.
- Albuquerque Little Theatre
- KiMo Theatre (Albuquerque, N.M.)
- Artists -- Exhibitions -- New Mexico
- Theater programs -- New Mexico
- Tuberculosis -- Treatment -- History
New forum topics
Your Opinion Counts
This Month in New Mexico History
|June 5, 1967 - Reies Lopez Tijerina and a group of his followers shoot up the Rio Arriba County Courthouse in Tierra Amarilla and take hostages in protest of land grant circumstances.|
There are currently 0 users online.