- Title: Horatio Oliver Ladd Photograph Collection 1880-1939
- Creator: Ladd, Horatio O. (Horatio Oliver), 1839-1932
- Date: 1880-1939
- Collection Number: PICT 000-003
- Size: 2 boxes (207 photoprints ; 26 x 22 cm or smaller)
- Repository: University of New Mexico Center for Southwest Research
- Link: Click Here to View the Complete Record for this Item.
- Scope and Content: This large and varied collection focuses primarily on the Ladd family and their friends and colleagues, the Ramona School, and the University of New Mexico. A notable group of portraits shows Native American children who were students at the Romona School. Other photographs include images of the Dawes Institute, San Miguel College, and the Territorial Normal School. There are pictures of events such as the Santa Fe Centennial Celebration (1884), and UNM commencements (1923 and 1934). UNM photos are primarily of buildings, both exteriors and interiors, of classrooms and administration and residential buildings. Early cityscapes of Santa Fe include the old State Capitol, San Miguel church (exterior and interior) and Sena Plaza. Collection also contain views of Albuquerque, and numerous churches, missions, and landscapes of New Mexico. Some photos taken in Pecos Valley concern irrigation and farming.The photographs are by various photographers including William Henry Jackson.
- Access Terms:
- Ladd, Horatio O. (Horatio Oliver), 1839-1932
- Jackson, William Henry
- Ramona Industrial School for Indian Girls of the Southwest (Santa Fe, N.M.)
- University of New Mexico
- Pecos River Valley (N.M. and Tex.)
- Santa Fe (N. M.)
- Indians of North America -- Education -- New Mexico
- Navajo Indians
- Universities and colleges
New forum topics
Your Opinion Counts
This Month in New Mexico History
|July 11, 1598 - Juan de O|
There are currently 0 users online.