- Title: Holloman Air Force Base Photograph Collection
- Date: 1950-1965
- Collection Number: PICT 994-003
- Size: 1 box
- Repository: University of New Mexico Center for Southwest Research
- Link: Click Here to View the Complete Record for this Item.
- Scope and Content: Collection contains photographs depicting various aspects of the early space flight preparation program at Holloman Air Force base in Alamogordo, New Mexico.
- Access Terms:
- United States. Air Force -- History
- Alamogordo (N.M.)
- Holloman Air Force Base (N.M.) -- History
- Space flight
- Air bases -- New Mexico
- Space medicine
New forum topics
Your Opinion Counts
This Month in New Mexico History
|November 16, 1821 - William Becknell, under forced escort by Mexican troops, arrives at Santa Fe. New Mexicans, who are still celebrating their newly won independence from Spain, quickly purchase all of his goods, which he initially intended to trade with the Indians. This marked the birth of the Santa Fe Trail, originating from Independence, Mo. Eventually, many traders privately complain to each other that they lose much profit by having to bribe local officials with goods or cash.|
There are currently 0 users online.