- Title: Hispanic Writers Collection 1958-
- Creator: University of New Mexico. Center for Southwest Research.
- Date: 1958-
- Collection Number: MSS 569 BC
- Size: 1 box ( 1 cu. ft.)
- Repository: University of New Mexico Center for Southwest Research
- Link: Click Here to View the Complete Record for this Item.
- Scope and Content: The initial part of this collection consists largely of materials that Enrique Lamadrid gathered to writebiographies of Fabiola Cabeza de Baca Gilbert, E. A. Mares, and Leo Romero for the Chicano Writers, second series volume of the Dictionary of Literary Biography. These materials include copies of the final biographies that were published in Chicano Writers, as well as background biographical materials such as correspondence,articles, literary works, literary reviews, and news clippings. There are cassette tapes ofinterviews conducted by Lamadrid with Romero and Mares. The collection also includes aphotocopy of an edited manuscript, Inocencio by Juan Estevan Arellano, and aphotocopy of the manuscript Pas
New forum topics
Your Opinion Counts
This Month in New Mexico History
|November 15, 1854 - Archbishop Jean Baptiste Lamy arrives in New Mexico. He later writes that only 10 Catholic priests are in the whole territory and they were "neglectful and extortionate, churches in ruins and no schools." He immediately begins to update the area's isolated, various worshiping practices.|
There are currently 0 users online.