- Title: Hilaire Hiler Papers 1849-1966 (bulk 1920-1940)
- Creator: Hiler, Hilaire, 1898-1966
- Date: 1849-1966
- Collection Number: MSS 533 BC
- Size: 1 box (1 cu. ft. ) + 1 oversize folder
- Repository: University of New Mexico Center for Southwest Research
- Link: Click Here to View the Complete Record for this Item.
- Scope and Content: The Hilaire Hiler papers consist of photographs, clippings, and correspondence of HilaireHiler and family. A sketch book of water color paintings by him is of special interest. Included arephotographs of some of Hilaire Hiler's paintings as far back as the late 1920s before his familychanged their name. News clippings and some color reproductions are represented.
- Access Terms:
- Hiler, Hilaire, 1898-1966
- Hiler, Mayer
- Painters -- United States
- Art -- History
- Painting, Modern -- 20th century -- United States
- Art, Abstract
New forum topics
Your Opinion Counts
This Month in New Mexico History
|June 3, 1872 - New Mexico voters reject a second constitutional issue to gain statehood. The loss is attributed to low voter turnout. The first 1850 Constitution passed New Mexico voters but not U.S. Congress.|
There are currently 0 users online.