- Title: Hernandez' True Story Magazine, 1935 April
- Creator: Hernandez, Alfonso G., b. 1910
- Date: 1935 April
- Collection Number: MSS 648 SC
- Size: 1 folder
- Repository: University of New Mexico Center for Southwest Research
- Link: Click Here to View the Complete Record for this Item.
- Scope and Content: The collection consists of a one volume journal, handwritten by Alfonso Hernandez, entitled,"Hernandez' True Story Magazine," dated April 1935. The journal, written in a ruled scholasticcomposition book, contains text with occasional sketches. It is written in the style of 1930s pulpfiction magazines, such as Dime Detective or True Romance.Several well known Albuquerque, N.M.. families, landmarks (some addresses) and events fromthe early twentieth century are mentioned. In addition to "true life" short stories of failedmarriages and other scandals (some names changed), the magazine includes lists of births andmarriages, holidays, lost loves, poetry in English and Spanish, letters, parts of a diary, sportsscores, jokes, and imitation advertisements.
- Access Terms:
- Hernandez, Alfonso G., b. 1910
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Social life and customs --20th century
New forum topics
Your Opinion Counts
This Month in New Mexico History
|February 18, 1930 - New Mexico State University professor Clyde W. Tombaugh discovers the planet of Pluto.|
There are currently 0 users online.