- Title: Hermandad de Nuestro Padre de Jesus Semana Santa Songbooks, 1912-1979
- Creator: Hermandad de Nuestro Padre de Jesus (Durango (Durango, Mexico))
- Date: 1912-1979
- Collection Number: MSS 608 BC
- Size: 1 box (.45 cu. ft.)
- Repository: University of New Mexico Center for Southwest Research
- Link: Click Here to View the Complete Record for this Item.
- Scope and Content: This collection consists of photocopies of handwritten volumes used in the Semana Santa(Holy Week) rituals of the Hermandad de Nuestro Padre de Jesus, held at the Templo San Agustinin Durango, Mexico. Included are two coloquios, or dialogs, and six handwritten songbookscollected by Cecile Turrietta in the city of Durango. The songbooks, containing alabados, belongto the members of the Hermandad. During Holy Week the Hermandad are divided up into eightchoirs. Each takes its turn singing in the Templo to provide continuous music for the faithful.
- Access Terms:
- Turrietta, Cecile
- Hermandad de Nuestro Padre de Jesus (Durango (Durango, Mexico))
- Templo San Agustin (Durango (Durango, Mexico))
- Durango (Mexico : State)--Religious life and customs
- Holy week--Durango (Durango, Mexico)
- Religious drama, Spanish
New forum topics
Your Opinion Counts
This Month in New Mexico History
|June 5, 1967 - Reies Lopez Tijerina and a group of his followers shoot up the Rio Arriba County Courthouse in Tierra Amarilla and take hostages in protest of land grant circumstances.|
There are currently 0 users online.