- Title: Henry Melvill Gwatkin Papers, 1899-1904
- Creator: Gwatkin, Henry Melvill, 1844-1916
- Date: 1899-1904
- Collection Number: MSS 429 SC
- Size: 1 folder
- Repository: University of New Mexico Center for Southwest Research
- Link: Click Here to View the Complete Record for this Item.
- Scope and Content: The Gwatkin papers consist of published lectures and hand-written teaching notes byProfessor Henry Melvill Gwatkin, University of Cambridge, between 1899-1904. The musicalscores to two hymns are included. The collection was dontated to UNM by Jack Rittenhouse.
- Access Terms:
- Gwatkin, Henry Melvill, 1844-1916
- Churches, Anglican Sermons
New forum topics
Your Opinion Counts
This Month in New Mexico History
|November 15, 1854 - Archbishop Jean Baptiste Lamy arrives in New Mexico. He later writes that only 10 Catholic priests are in the whole territory and they were "neglectful and extortionate, churches in ruins and no schools." He immediately begins to update the area's isolated, various worshiping practices.|
There are currently 0 users online.