- Title: Henry Martyn Lazelle Diary, 1857 Apr. 20-June 13
- Creator: Lazelle, Henry Martyn, 1832-1917
- Date: 1857
- Collection Number: MSS 87 SC
- Size: 1 folder
- Repository: University of New Mexico Center for Southwest Research
- Link: Click Here to View the Complete Record for this Item.
- Scope and Content: This small collection contains one item, the diary kept by Henry Lazelle during a majormilitary campaign against the Apache Indians from 20 April 1857 to 13 June 1857. The U.S.Army was divided into two columns under the general command of Colonel Benjamin L.E.Bonneville. The diary ends before any major engagements with the Indians, but it is filled withLazelles impressions of the land and culture of the Southwest.
- Access Terms:
- Lazelle, Henry Martyn, 1832-1917
- United States. Army -- Biography
- United States. Army -- Military life
- United States -- Exploring expeditions
- Southwest, New -- Description and travel
New forum topics
Your Opinion Counts
This Month in New Mexico History
|July 11, 1598 - Juan de O|
There are currently 0 users online.