- Title: Helen Zunser Wortis Papers 1935-[1976?]
- Creator: Wortis, Helen Zunser
- Date: 1935-1976
- Collection Number: MSS 549 SC
- Size: 1 folder ( 3 items )
- Repository: University of New Mexico Center for Southwest Research
- Link: Click Here to View the Complete Record for this Item.
- Scope and Content: This collection contains the unpublished manuscript, Uncle José and the Animals, a children's story written by Helen Zunser and illustrated by Shomer Zunser. This story isa compilation of New Mexican folk tales and riddles. It is hand typed and contains originalillustrations. The collection also contains a photocopy of Helen Zunser's published story,The Witch (1935), and 1 photograph of the author.
- Access Terms:
- Wortis, Helen Zunser, 1906-1976
- Uncle José and the Animals.Wortis, Helen Zunser
- Authors, American -- 20th century
- Children's stories
- Folklore -- New Mexico
New forum topics
Your Opinion Counts
This Month in New Mexico History
|June 3, 1872 - New Mexico voters reject a second constitutional issue to gain statehood. The loss is attributed to low voter turnout. The first 1850 Constitution passed New Mexico voters but not U.S. Congress.|
There are currently 0 users online.