- Title: H. W. Stowell Papers 1933-1983
- Creator: Stowell, H. W. (Harold W.)
- Date: 1933-1983
- Collection Number: MSS 505 BC
- Size: 1 box
- Repository: University of New Mexico Center for Southwest Research
- Link: Click Here to View the Complete Record for this Item.
- Scope and Content: The collection consists primarily of manuscripts of articles, most of them unpublished andundated. There are 13 folders divided by subject area, including articles on Arizona and NewMexico, photography, railroads, motorcycling, and various mechanical inventions and problemsolving. Stowell describes his motorcycle and photography trips through the Southwest, as wellas points of interest such as the inscribed mystery stone near Los Lunas, New Mexico, andvarious petroglyph sites. Some of his manuscripts also recount New Mexico legends.
- Access Terms:
- Arizona--Description and travel
- New Mexico--Description and travel
- Locomotives--Design and construction
- Inscriptions--New Mexico--Valencia County
- Legends--New Mexico
- Machine design
- Motorcycling--Southwest, New
- Petroglyphs--Southwest, New
- Travel photography--Southwest, New
New forum topics
Your Opinion Counts
This Month in New Mexico History
|June 3, 1872 - New Mexico voters reject a second constitutional issue to gain statehood. The loss is attributed to low voter turnout. The first 1850 Constitution passed New Mexico voters but not U.S. Congress.|
There are currently 0 users online.