- Title: Grace Thompson Edmister Photograph Collection
- Creator: Edmister, Grace Thompson, 1890-1984
- Date: 1890-1980
- Collection Number: PICT 000-472
- Size: 3 boxes (258 photographic prints ; 11 x 15 in., or smaller)
- Repository: University of New Mexico Center for Southwest Research
- Link: Click Here to View the Complete Record for this Item.
- Scope and Content: The collection contains photographs compiled by Grace Thompson Edmister, musician, teacher, and director of the Albuquerque Civic Symphony later named New Mexico Symphony Orchestra. Various musical bodies are depicted during both performance and rehearsal. Also included are portraits of symphony patrons such as Governor Clyde and Mrs. Carrie Tingley and a large number of studio portraits which depict performers who worked with Edmister or were acquainted with he such as J. D. Robb. Photographs were taken by C. E. Redman and various other photographers.
- Access Terms:
- Edmister, Grace Thompson, 1890-1984
- Robb, J. D. (John Donald), 1892-
- Tingley, Clyde
- Tingley, Carrie
- Redman, C. E.
- Albuquerque Civic Symphony Orchestra
- New Mexico Symphony Orchestra
- Conductors (Music) -- New Mexico
- Musicians -- New Mexico
- Concert -- New Mexico
New forum topics
Your Opinion Counts
This Month in New Mexico History
|November 13, 1878 - Gov. Lew Wallace issues general pardon to fighting factions in Lincoln County War for all "misdemeanors and offenses committed" since February 1. After short hiatus, however, the war resumes.|
There are currently 0 users online.