- Title: Grace M. Leemhuis Souvenir Postcard Album 1910-1935
- Creator: Leemhuis, Grace M.
- Date: 1910-1935
- Collection Number: PICT 000-282
- Size: 1 box (1 album containing 176 mounted postcards)
- Repository: University of New Mexico Center for Southwest Research
- Link: Click Here to View the Complete Record for this Item.
- Scope and Content: Album contains postcards that appear to be souvenirs of travel. Locations include cities and sites of the Northeast, South, and West. Among the latter are an interesting series of Grand Canyon views. There is a good bird's-eye view of Trinidad, Colorado. New Mexico scenes include: Isleta Pueblo, Laguna Pueblo, Enchanted Mesa, Gallup, and the churches at Cochiti, Santo Domingo and San Felipe Pueblos. One card shows Indians selling pottery to tourists beside a train car. Canyon de Chelly, AZ is also included. Almost all are photomechanical, color postcards. Some cards have unusual, painterly coloration.
- Access Terms:
- Grand Canyon (Ariz.)
- Isleta Pueblo (N.M.)
- Cochiti (N.M.)
- Santo Domingo Pueblo (N.M.)
- San Felipe Pueblo (N.M.)
- Gallup (N.M.)
- Enchanted Mesa (Valencia, N.M.)
- Trinidad (Colo.)
- Church buildings -- New Mexico
- Hotels -- New Mexico
- Indian arts -- New Mexico
New forum topics
Your Opinion Counts
This Month in New Mexico History
|November 20, 1914 - Mexican Gen. Jose Ynez Salazar, who served Victoriano Huerta in the Mexican Revolution, escapes from an Albuquerque jail. Legendary New Mexico lawman Elfego Baca likely planned his friend Salazar's escape.|
There are currently 0 users online.