- Title: Glen Orville Ream Papers 1926-1976
- Creator: Ream, Glen Orville, 1893-
- Date: 1926-1976
- Collection Number: MSS 409 BC
- Size: 2 boxes (1.83 cu. ft.)
- Repository: University of New Mexico Center for Southwest Research
- Link: Click Here to View the Complete Record for this Item.
- Scope and Content: The collection consists of five scrapbooks and thirty folders of papers, correspondence, and memorabilia pertaining to Glen O. Ream. The scrapbooks contain numerous examples of Ream's cartoons and other artwork. Among his non-published cartoons are many which reflect his experiences in the U. S. Army in 1918. Also contained in the scrapbooks are examples of Ream's other artistic talents, such as that evident in his linoleum block cut designs. The scrapbooks also contain clippings about Glen Ream Day and Ream's achievements and honors. Also housed in this collection are the original illustrations published in Isis Harrington's Told in the Twilight, examples of Ream's cartoon strip "Little First Americans," and samples of Ream's writing. Several articles written by Ream were submitted (with varying success) to assorted journals.
- Access Terms:
- Ream, Glen Orville, 1893-
- Harrington, Isis L., Mrs.
- Albuquerque High School (Albuquerque, N.M.)
- High school principals -- New Mexico
- Indians of North America -- Caricatures and cartoons
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Caricatures and cartoons
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Humor
- Harrington, Eldred R., 1902-
New forum topics
Your Opinion Counts
This Month in New Mexico History
|November 16, 1821 - William Becknell, under forced escort by Mexican troops, arrives at Santa Fe. New Mexicans, who are still celebrating their newly won independence from Spain, quickly purchase all of his goods, which he initially intended to trade with the Indians. This marked the birth of the Santa Fe Trail, originating from Independence, Mo. Eventually, many traders privately complain to each other that they lose much profit by having to bribe local officials with goods or cash.|
There are currently 0 users online.