- Title: George W. Evans Papers
- Creator: Evans, George W.
- Date: ca. 1950
- Collection Number: 2009-03-13
- Size: 1 box
- Repository: University of New Mexico Center for Southwest Research
- Link: Click Here to View the Complete Record for this Item.
- Scope and Content: The collection consists primarily of chapter drafts for Slash Ranch Hounds, research notes, correspondence and photographs used in the book. Also included are magazine articles and newspaper clippings about George Evans and his hunting excursions.
- Authors, American – New Mexico -- Correspondence
- Evans, George W., 1887-
- Hunting -- New Mexico
- Slash Ranch Hounds
New forum topics
Your Opinion Counts
This Month in New Mexico History
|November 16, 1821 - William Becknell, under forced escort by Mexican troops, arrives at Santa Fe. New Mexicans, who are still celebrating their newly won independence from Spain, quickly purchase all of his goods, which he initially intended to trade with the Indians. This marked the birth of the Santa Fe Trail, originating from Independence, Mo. Eventually, many traders privately complain to each other that they lose much profit by having to bribe local officials with goods or cash.|
There are currently 0 users online.