- Title: George S. Wright Architectural Drawings and Plans
- Creator: Wright, George S
- Date: 1949-1973
- Collection Number: SWA Wright Drawings
- Size: 10 drawers (2.5 linear ft.)
- Repository: University of New Mexico Center for Southwest Research
- Link: Click Here to View the Complete Record for this Item.
- Scope and Content: The George S. Wright Architectural Drawings and Plans collection documents projects completed individually by George S. Wright and the architectural firm of George S. Wright and Associates. Some drawings were completed while Wright was briefly employed by the firm of Max Flatow and Jason Moore. Architectural drawings in this collection were created between 1949 -1973. Buildings represented in this collection fall into four major categories: schools, medical/office buildings, retail sites and residential housing. With few exceptions of projects located in Texas and Nevada, buildings are located in New Mexico. Key school structures include St. Pius High School, Albuquerque; Armijo Elementary School, Albuquerque; Holy Rosary Parish, School and Convent, Santa Fe; Grants Junior High, Grants; Los Lunas Junior High School, Los Lunas; Socorro High School, Socorro; Tohatchi Elementary School, Tohatchi and the old UNM Architecture Building.
- Access Terms:
- Wright, George S
- George S. Wright and Associates
- Flatow, Moore, Bryan and Fairburn
- University of New Mexico -- Architecture
- School buildings -- New Mexico
- Architecture -- Nevada
- Architecture -- New Mexico
- Architecture -- Texas
- Architecture, Modern -- New Mexico
New forum topics
Your Opinion Counts
This Month in New Mexico History
|November 13, 1878 - Gov. Lew Wallace issues general pardon to fighting factions in Lincoln County War for all "misdemeanors and offenses committed" since February 1. After short hiatus, however, the war resumes.|
There are currently 0 users online.