- Title: George Kubler Photograph Collection
- Creator: Kubler, George, 1912-
- Date: 1926-1937
- Collection Number: PICT 000-527
- Size: 1 box (267 photographic prints ; 8 x 10 in. or smaller)
- Repository: University of New Mexico Center for Southwest Research
- Link: Click Here to View the Complete Record for this Item.
- Scope and Content: Collection consists of photographs of colonial churches in New Mexico. There are exteriors and interiors of churches, as well as some photographs of religious art (including santos), plans, maps, postcards, and reproductions of images in other graphic media. The images were compiled by Prof. Kubler as research for his book "Religious Architecture of New Mexico," first published in 1940. Some, but not all, of the photographs were reproduced in that book.
- Access Terms:
- Art -- History
- Spanish mission buildings -- New Mexico
- Church buildings -- New Mexico
New forum topics
Your Opinion Counts
This Month in New Mexico History
|November 20, 1914 - Mexican Gen. Jose Ynez Salazar, who served Victoriano Huerta in the Mexican Revolution, escapes from an Albuquerque jail. Legendary New Mexico lawman Elfego Baca likely planned his friend Salazar's escape.|
There are currently 0 users online.