- Title: George Kubler Papers 1940
- Creator: Kubler, George, 1912-
- Date: 1940
- Collection Number: MSS 527 BC
- Size: 1 box (.35 cu. ft.)
- Repository: University of New Mexico Center for Southwest Research
- Link: Click Here to View the Complete Record for this Item.
- Scope and Content: The George Kubler papers consist of his unpublished masters thesis, a literary manuscript ofa published work based on his dissertation, along with editorial notes and photographs. TheReligious Architecture of New Mexico In the Colonial Period and Since the American Occupation was published in 1940 by the Taylor Museum of the Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center.The manuscript is the original Kubler submitted for his Ph.D. dissertation. Of special interest arephotographs not included in the 1940 publication. Photographs are housed in CSWR PictorialCollections. An addition to the collection contains a published article by Kubler.
- Access Terms:
- Kubler, George, 1912-
- Architecture, Spanish colonial -- New Mexico
- Architecture, Modern -- 19th century -- New Mexico
- Architecture, Modern -- 20th century -- New Mexico
- Spanish mission buildings -- New Mexico
- Church buildings -- New Mexico
- Art and religion -- New Mexico
- Art -- History
New forum topics
Your Opinion Counts
This Month in New Mexico History
|May 30, 1881 - Gov. Lew Wallace leaves Santa Fe, serving since Sept. 1878. The "Las Vegas Optic" calls him "best executive New Mexico has had for many years."|
There are currently 0 users online.