- Title: George H. Pradt Geographic Survey Papers 1860-1920
- Creator: Pradt, George H.
- Date: 1860-1920
- Collection Number: MSS 124 BC
- Size: 3 boxes (1 cu. ft.) + 1 oversized folder
- Repository: University of New Mexico Center for Southwest Research
- Link: Click Here to View the Complete Record for this Item.
- Scope and Content: This collection contains Pradt's field notebooks, survey notes, maps, drawings, and a small amount of personal ephemera. Box 1 contains field notebooks and logs, 1882-1911. Box 2 contains texts on surveying. Box 3 contains field maps, drawings, and survey notes, arranged by township and range. Box 3 also contains one folder with personal correspondence, certificates, and documents. An oversized folder of maps is itemized at the end of the accompanying inventory. Much of the data in this collection pertains to surveys of land grants in New Mexico, including the Acoma, Cebolleta, Laguna, Pajarito, Atrisco, Elena Gallegos, Los Padillas, Isleta, Alameda, Santiago Ramirez, Ca?on del Agua, Salvador Gonzales, Galisteo, Piedra Lumbre, Talaya Hill, Luis Jaramillo, San Mateo Spring, Monta?o, Guadalupe Montoya, Sebastian de Vargas, Cieneguilla, Cubero, and Felipe Tafoya grants or tracts. Additionally, there is survey data for Pueblo Bonito (Chaco Canyon), railroad lands, and other private surveys.
- Access Terms:
- Pradt, George H.
- United States. General Land Office
- New Mexico -- Surveys
- New Mexico -- Topographical drawing
- Acoma (N.M.)
- Cebolleta Grant (N.M.)
- Laguna (N.M.)
- Land grants -- New Mexico -- Surveys
- Land grants -- New Mexico -- Maps
New forum topics
Your Opinion Counts
This Month in New Mexico History
|November 13, 1878 - Gov. Lew Wallace issues general pardon to fighting factions in Lincoln County War for all "misdemeanors and offenses committed" since February 1. After short hiatus, however, the war resumes.|
There are currently 0 users online.