- Title: George F. Ellis Pictorial Collection 1945-1956
- Creator: Ellis, Geroge F.
- Date: 1945-1956
- Collection Number: PICT 000-694
- Size: 1 folder (14 photographic prints ; 3.5 x5.57 in. or smaller and 1 postcard ; 3.375 x 5.375 in.)
- Repository: University of New Mexico Center for Southwest Research
- Link: Click Here to View the Complete Record for this Item.
- Scope and Content: The photos in this collection came from the George F. Ellis Papers, 1929-1970. The photos are all related to the activities and business of the Bell Ranch. The majority of the photos were sent with letters to either Albert K. Mitchell or George F. Ellis, who were both managers of the Bell Ranch. A small number of the photos show people, including the Cattle Sanitary Board of New Mexico, 1951. The rest of the photos are related to either cattle or horses. The pictures of horses were sent to Ellis in letters requesting breeding certificates, while the other pictures show various types of cattle.
- Access Terms:
- Ellis, George F.
- Mitchell, Albert K., b. 1894
- Bell Ranch (N.M.) -- History
- Cattle -- Breeding
- Horse farms -- New Mexico
- Horses -- New Mexico
New forum topics
Your Opinion Counts
This Month in New Mexico History
|June 5, 1967 - Reies Lopez Tijerina and a group of his followers shoot up the Rio Arriba County Courthouse in Tierra Amarilla and take hostages in protest of land grant circumstances.|
There are currently 0 users online.