- Title: Inventory of the G. L. Brooks Correspondence, 1848-1894
- Creator: Brooks, G. L. (George L.), 1848-1931
- Date: 1848-1894
- Collection Number: MSS 9 BC
- Size: 26 vols.
- Repository: University of New Mexico Center for Southwest Research
- Link: Click Here to View the Complete Record for this Item.
- Scope and Content: The collection consists of twenty-six letter press books containing about 35,000 copies of typed and handwrittenbusiness letters dating 1884-1894 by George L. Brooks. Each volume contains a name index. Theletters cover cattle raising and sales of sheep, horses, cattle, and land in New Mexico, Texas, andother western states. Additional subjects include business affairs of the Atchison, Topeka andSanta Fe Railway Company and other business news of Albuquerque and Socorro during the1880s and 1890s.
- Access Terms:
- Brooks, G. L. (George L.), 1848-1931
- Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company
- Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad Company
- Cattle trade--New Mexico
- Ranching--West (U.S.)--History--19th century
- Livestock--New Mexico
- Railroads--New Mexico--History
New forum topics
Your Opinion Counts
This Month in New Mexico History
|November 13, 1878 - Gov. Lew Wallace issues general pardon to fighting factions in Lincoln County War for all "misdemeanors and offenses committed" since February 1. After short hiatus, however, the war resumes.|
There are currently 0 users online.