- Title: G. Corry McDonald Papers 1966-1988
- Creator: McDonald, G. Corry, 1914-
- Date: 1966-1988
- Collection Number: MSS 488 BC
- Size: 8 boxes
- Repository: University of New Mexico Center for Southwest Research
- Link: Click Here to View the Complete Record for this Item.
- Scope and Content: The core of Archive #488 consists of papers, accumulated by Corry McDonald when he was chairperson of the New Mexico Wilderness Study Committee (1966-1976). The collection is divided into five series. The first series (boxes 1-2) contains correspondence, bills, proposals, reports, environmental studies, maps and general information pertaining to New Mexico wilderness areas. The second series, General Southwest, includes information on Southwest regional wilderness, water rights and mineral exploration.
- Access Terms:
- Wilderness Society
- New Mexico Wilderness Study Committee
- Environmental policy -- New Mexico
- Wilderness areas -- New Mexico
- Wilderness areas -- Southwest, New
- Natural resources -- Law and legislation -- New Mexico
- Public lands -- New Mexico
- Conservation of natural resources -- New Mexico
- Conservation of natural resources -- Southwest, New
New forum topics
Your Opinion Counts
This Month in New Mexico History
|November 13, 1878 - Gov. Lew Wallace issues general pardon to fighting factions in Lincoln County War for all "misdemeanors and offenses committed" since February 1. After short hiatus, however, the war resumes.|
There are currently 0 users online.