- Title: G. Corry McDonald Papers 1966-1988
- Creator: McDonald, G. Corry, 1914-
- Date: 1966-1988
- Collection Number: MSS 488 BC
- Size: 8 boxes
- Repository: University of New Mexico Center for Southwest Research
- Link: Click Here to View the Complete Record for this Item.
- Scope and Content: The core of Archive #488 consists of papers, accumulated by Corry McDonald when he was chairperson of the New Mexico Wilderness Study Committee (1966-1976). The collection is divided into five series. The first series (boxes 1-2) contains correspondence, bills, proposals, reports, environmental studies, maps and general information pertaining to New Mexico wilderness areas. The second series, General Southwest, includes information on Southwest regional wilderness, water rights and mineral exploration.
- Access Terms:
- Wilderness Society
- New Mexico Wilderness Study Committee
- Environmental policy -- New Mexico
- Wilderness areas -- New Mexico
- Wilderness areas -- Southwest, New
- Natural resources -- Law and legislation -- New Mexico
- Public lands -- New Mexico
- Conservation of natural resources -- New Mexico
- Conservation of natural resources -- Southwest, New
New forum topics
Your Opinion Counts
This Month in New Mexico History
|June 3, 1872 - New Mexico voters reject a second constitutional issue to gain statehood. The loss is attributed to low voter turnout. The first 1850 Constitution passed New Mexico voters but not U.S. Congress.|
There are currently 0 users online.