- Title: Laura Gilpin Photograph Collection
- Date: 1925-1964
- Collection Number: IAIA-MS006
- Size: 1 box (.25 cu. ft)
- Language: English
- Repository: Institute of American Indian Arts
- Link: Click Here to View the Complete Record for this Item.
- Scope and Content: The Laura Gilpin Photograph Collection consists of seven prints and sixteen postcards of southwestern and American Indian themes, Southwestern pottery, and IAIA student artwork. The collection includes a photo of an IAIA ceramic student and several pots. Gilpin was a prophetic photographer and more of her photography is scattered throughout various collections in the Archives of IAIA, including the McGrath Collection (MS 3).Related MaterialIAIA-MS003, James McGrath Papers Laura Gilpin Photo Collection, Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library Laura Gilpin Papers, Amon Carter Museum, Fort Worth, Texas.
- Access Terms:
- Gilpin, Laura.
- Means, Vivian
- Martinez, Maria
- Popovi Da
- Pueblo Indians -- Antiquities -- Pictorial works.
- Cliff-dwellings -- History -- Pictorial works.
- New Mexico -- History -- Pictorial works.
New forum topics
Your Opinion Counts
This Month in New Mexico History
|October 20, 1835 - Manual Sanchez, mayor of Las Trampas, establishes the Mora land grant. After a boundary survey, he distributes land parcels to 75 families who mostly settle along the Mora River.|
There are currently 0 users online.