- Title: Christian Kaadt Collection
- Dates: 1895 - 1905
- Collection Number: PAC 004
- Size: .75 linear feet
- Repository: Palace of the Governors Photo Archives
- Link: Click here to view the Complete Record for this Item.
- Languages: English
- Scope and Content: The collection consists primarily of photographic images of Santa Fe, New Mexico and the surrounding area. Also included are portraits of Santa Fe residents, railroad scenes, and some images from the surrounding pueblos. The collection includes photographs of Santa Fe buildings, such as the old Capital, the Palace of the Governors, the Penitentiary, and the U.S. Indian School. Also included are street scenes, homes, and businesses. Included among the portraits are government officials and citizens of Santa Fe. Other images depict the Navajo and the Jemez and San Juan Pueblos, religious processions, as well as a U.S. Surveying team. Finally, as the official photographer for the Santa Fe Central Railroad there are photographs depicting the building of the railroad, including the ceremony for the last spike. All photos are circa 1895-1905 and almost all are original prints.
- Access Terms
- Cabinet Photographs
- Historic Buildings, Southwest, Old Photographs
- Indians of North America, Southwest, Old Photographs
- Portrait Photographs
- Railroads, Southwest, Old Photographs
- Santa Fe (NM) Photographs
New forum topics
Your Opinion Counts
This Month in New Mexico History
|Saloon owner Gertrudes Barcelo, a.k.a. La Doña Maria Gertrudis Barceló, dies|
There are currently 0 users online.