- Title: De Lancey W. Gill Collection
- Dates: 1894 - 1930
- Collection Number: PAC 033
- Size: .25 linear feet
- Repository: Palace of the Governors Photo Archives
- Link: Click here to view the complete record for this item
- Language: English
- Scope & Content: This small collection of 47 images are all contact prints, made using the high-quality platinotype (platinum) process, which results in very "expressive" images due to its long tonal range. These prints represent his simplest and most direct portrait photographs of Indians visiting Washington in full ceremonial costume, sometimes borrowed.
- Access Terms:
- Indians of North America
- Portraits 1890-1930
New forum topics
Your Opinion Counts
This Month in New Mexico History
|October 20, 1835 - Manual Sanchez, mayor of Las Trampas, establishes the Mora land grant. After a boundary survey, he distributes land parcels to 75 families who mostly settle along the Mora River.|
There are currently 0 users online.