- Title: De Lancey W. Gill Collection
- Dates: 1894 - 1930
- Collection Number: PAC 033
- Size: .25 linear feet
- Repository: Palace of the Governors Photo Archives
- Link: Click here to view the complete record for this item
- Language: English
- Scope & Content: This small collection of 47 images are all contact prints, made using the high-quality platinotype (platinum) process, which results in very "expressive" images due to its long tonal range. These prints represent his simplest and most direct portrait photographs of Indians visiting Washington in full ceremonial costume, sometimes borrowed.
- Access Terms:
- Indians of North America
- Portraits 1890-1930
New forum topics
Your Opinion Counts
This Month in New Mexico History
|December 8, 1702 - The Duke of Alburquerque, Francisco Fernandez de la Cueva Enriquez, arrives in Mexico City to assume duties as the 34th viceroy of New Spain. In 1706, the villa of Alburquerque is founded in his honor. The first "r" in the spelling of Alburquerque was later dropped as more Anglos came into the area and spelled it differently.|
There are currently 0 users online.