New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special collections are organized into the following departmental units:
- NMSU Archives (Hobson-Huntsinger University Archives)
- Selects, preserves, houses, and makes accessible all records of enduring value created by administrators, faculty, students and alumni of New Mexico State University. Through its programs the University Archives seeks to illuminate the history, evolution, and societal role of the institution.
- Political Papers Archives
- Consists of the congressional, selected gubernatorial, and personal papers of senators and members of both the state and U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate from New Mexico serving from 1916—present, highlighting their political careers at the local, state, national, and international levels.
- Rio Grande Historical Collections
- Acquires, preserves, and makes available for research records of organizations, personal papers, and other unpublished materials which document the cultural heritage and history of New Mexico and the Spanish Borderlands.
- Special Collections
- Houses the department’s published research materials including books, periodicals, maps and newspapers. The most heavily used of these materials relate to the history, culture, peoples, and resources of New Mexico; the broader Southwest and the Borderlands; and materials supporting specialized University programs.
For More Information
Please visit the NMSU Library Archives and Special Collections website for more information.