- Title: Creative Drama Forms for Indian Children
- Creator: Nugent, Robert
- Subject: Institute of American Indian Arts; Indian arts -- United States.; Indians of North America -- Education.; Whitewing Vandall, Donna; Schubert, Audrey; Frazier, Eleanor
- Description: Donna Whitewing Vandall, Winnebago-Sioux, Instructor in Drama at IAIA and former IAIA student, developed a series of one-week workshops in "Creative Drama Forms for Indian Children." Here, in the Kiva Theatre at IAIA, Donna works out a creative sequence with Audrey Schubert, elementary Teacher, Fort Wingate Elementary School, New Mexico. A part of this workshop was for the BIA teachers involved to crate thier own dramas as if they were working with thier classroom children. During the fourth week, members of this class, including Eleanor Frazier, Navajo, Elementary Teacher from Teec Nos Pos Boarding School, Arizona, and those previously mentioned taught a two-day session of "Drama for Indian Children" as part of thier evaluation of the Indian Summer, 1971 workshop to the 8 Northern Pueblo Head Start Teachers.
- Date: 1971
- Collection: Institute of American Indian Arts
- Link: Click here to view the complete record for this item