- Title: Creative Outdoor Drama in the Outdoor Theatre at IAIA
- Creator: Nugent, Robert
- Subject: Institute of American Indian Arts; Indian arts -- United States.; Indians of North America -- Education.
- Description: Juan Valenzuela, Aztec Tribe, Instructor of Dance at IAIA since 1969, with assistance from several other Indian Summer, 1971 workshop teachers (Donna Whitewing Vandall, Winnebago-Sioux Tribe, Ken Leonard and Jim Roberts) spent a full day with the workshop participants crating a dance-drama-poem growing from the variety of written, performing and musical arts workshops. Pictured here is the stage of the outdoor theater with participants midway in the performance where individually crated instruments, dance movements, visual color projections, costumes, all sound and script elements were brought togetherin a most beautifully presented, Indian-centered group activity culminating the last day of the third week. Something very special happened to everyone.
- Date: 1971
- Collection: Institute of American Indian Arts
- Link: Click here to view the complete record for this item