- Title: Chaco Canyon National Monument
- Creator: Nugent, Robert
- Subject: Institute of American Indian Arts; Indian arts -- United States.; Indians of North America -- Education.
- Description: In Chaco Canyon National Monument, site of Americas first true apartment-type dwellings dating between 900-1287 A.D., the workshop group pauses during preliminary explainations by Park Service persnnel as they enter the ruins of Pueblo Bonito. This was the first stop on the two-day overnight trip into the Navajo and Hopi Reservations, and the mixing of the BIA Indian Summer workshop with the National Park Service Environmental Education concepts.
- Date: 1971
- Collection: Institute of American Indian Arts
- Link: Click here to view the complete record for this item