- Title: Collage Mural Painting
- Creator: Nugent, Robert
- Subject: Institute of American Indian Arts; Indian arts -- United States.; Indians of North America -- Education.; Montleaux, Don; Tubby, Carl
- Description: Aberdeen van teacher Don Montileaux, Sioux, and Carl Tubby, Choctaw, Tribal Arts Director from the Choctaw Central High School of Philadelphia, Mississippi, taught a two-day workshop in collage mural painting. Both young men are painters in the traditinoal Indian geometric style and together brought their vision to the eight students with whom they worked. each student (mostly 8 Northern Pueblo Head Start teachers) made his canvas and created his own design for painting. The plan was then to put all the eight individual paintings together into one large mural: a simple, direct way to create a large group art form in the BIA schools.
- Date: 1971
- Collection: Institute of American Indian Arts
- Link: Click here to view the complete record for this item