- Title: The Jewelry Spirit: Finding Yourself
- Creator: Nugent, Robert
- Subject: Institute of American Indian Arts; Indian arts -- United States.; Indians of North America -- Education.; Loloma, Charles
- Description: Hopi Badger Clan Member, Master Jeweler, internationally-known Indian culture specialist, outstanding teacher, great humanist, lover of the ecology of lifeΓÇªbegins to describe Charles Loloma, who gave a one-week workshop on creating jewelry. His unique approach says that you find yourself through creating beauty for yourself, and jewelry is the closest cration of beauty a man can make. Here Charles demonstrates the melting of silver for his specialty: tufa cast jewelry. His ring is the Badger Clan symbol: Unique to Charles. All participants in this class created rings, pendants, and belt buckles.
- Date: 1971
- Collection: Institute of American Indian Arts
- Link: Click here to view the complete record for this item