- Title: Doll Making Workshop
- Creator: Nugent, Robert
- Subject: Institute of American Indian Arts; Indian arts -- United States.; Indians of North America -- Education.; Palmer, Marguerite; Cleghorn, Mildred
- Description: Marguerite Palmer, Education Specialist in Fine Arts of the Pierre Agency, South Dakota, worked closely with Mildred Cleghorn, Apache Tribe, in one of Mildreds three one-week workshops in "The Art of Doll Making: Costumery, Hair Styling, Face Decoration." Mildreds students created a traditional Indian tribal doll by doing research, cutting the pattern, selecting the fabrics, stuffing the body, creating the authentic costume in accurate detail, syling the hair in a traditional coiffure, andeven applying a suitable facial expression. Mildred has worked in this art for 35 years and may well be Americas Number One authority.
- Date: 1971
- Collection: Institute of American Indian Arts
- Link: Click here to view the complete record for this item