- Title: Working with Pima, Zuni and Santo Domingo Potters
- Creator: Nugent, Robert
- Subject: Institute of American Indian Arts; Indian arts -- United States.; Indians of North America -- Education.; Makil, Frances
- Description: Former IAIA students taught a two-day course in clay during the fourth week: Frances Makil, Pima, (pictured here with her pottery sytle product) a teacher on the Phoenix Art Van; Mark Romancito, Zuni, now a sophomore at Fort Lewis College, and Manuelita Lovato, Santo Domingo Pueblo, presently Instructor in Exhibition Arts at IAIA. These young Indian artists brought skill ad sensitivity to the Indian Students world and aesthetic content to thier class groups. Many of thier students were from teh 8 Northern Pueblo Head Start group. Frances Makil also teaches Indian cultural heritage concepts through such materials as earth colors, grasses, other natural objects, as used in pottery or basketry.
- Date: 1971
- Collection: Institute of American Indian Arts
- Link: Click here to view the complete record for this item