- Title: Traditional Indian Techniques Workshop
- Creator: Nugent, Robert
- Subject: Institute of American Indian Arts; Indian arts -- United States.; Indians of North America -- Education.; Makil, Frances
- Description: Frances Makil, Pima Tribe, teacher on the Phoenix Area Art Van, was instructed by Dominick Napoleon Weasel Foot LaDucer, Chippewa Tribe, in various traditional Indian techniques using natural materials in tying one material to another to create sculptural forms. besides using natrual tying materials--barks, grasses, etc.--Dominick introduced a variety of fine wires. Dominicks own sculpture work is based on such traditional forms as Northwest Coast fishing gear and woodland birch bark techniques. Dominick, former IAIA student and graduate of San Francisco ARt Institute, is a Title I instructor in Indian Culture at IAIA.
- Date: 1971
- Collection: Institute of American Indian Arts
- Link: Click here to view the complete record for this item