- Title: American Indian Motifs through Cut and Photographic Silk Screen Techniques
- Creator: Nugent, Robert
- Subject: Institute of American Indian Arts; Indian arts -- United States.; Indians of North America -- Education.; Leonard, Ken; Crume, Jim
- Description: Ken Leonard, temporary Design Instructor of IAIA, directed three sections of week-long workshops in the use of traditional Indian and Eskimo motifs in cut and photographic silk screen process. As in all workshops, silk screen class enrollments were held to five participants to insure maximum individual help. Each workshopper designed, printed and completed a series of silk screen prints. Jim Crume, art instructor of Stewart Indian School, Nevada, sitting in rear center of photograph, completed enough prints of his own creation to give each of the 40 Indian Summer, 1971, workshop members a signed copy.
- Date: 1971
- Collection: Institute of American Indian Arts
- Link: Click here to view the complete record for this item