- Title: Traditional Indian Feast
- Creator: Nugent, Robert
- Subject: Institute of American Indian Arts; Indian arts -- United States.; Indians of North America -- Education.; Shaw, Hattie; Zastrow, Leona; Peters, Frances; Wing, Mary
- Description: Tradiaional Indian Feast: Indian Summer 1971, began on Sunday, June 6, 1971 with a traditional Indian feast coordinated by Oleta Boyce, Choctaw Tribe, of Santa Fe. The menu included: Plains roast buffalo, Eskimo seal liver, Plains beet, cucumber, onion and cress salad, Hopi piki, Pueblo breads, Laguna Pueblo rabbit stew, Sioux tribe stew, Choctaw carrot bread, Isleta Pueblo green chili balls and syrup dessert, Navaho fry bread, Alaska smoked salmon, and Choctaw berry cobbler. Pictured here are bowls of good foods with participants Hattie Shaw, Elementary Teacher of Laguna Elementary School, New Mexico; Lister Leona of St. Johns Indian School, Gila River Reservation, Arizona; Frances Peters, Pima, Instructor in Pima basket making, and Mary Wing, Music Consultant to the Phoenix Area Art Van, with other participants and instructors.
- Date: 1971
- Collection: Institute of American Indian Arts
- Link: Click here to view the complete record for this item