- Title: Alameda Park in Alamogordo
- Subject: Otero County, Landscape, City Park, Alamogordo
- Description: A digital image made from a black and white reproduction. The picture of Alameda Park in Alamogordo was found on a 1904 calendar that had been placed in the marble cornerstone of the building at 9th and New York Avenues in Alamogordo. The building was build in 1902 by he Knights of Pythias as a lodge hall upstairs and a retail space on the ground floor. Herbert H. Brunell bought the building and the family clothing business for Mr. G. J Wolfinger in 1935. When cornerstones were removed during the remodeling in 1950 the calendar was found in a hollowed space in one of the large marble stones that supported the corner of the two story brick structure.
- Date: 1904
- Collection: Hubbard Museum of the American West
- Link: Click here to view the complete record for this item