- Title: Blacksmiths anvil swage
- Creator: Howard H. Smith
- Subject: tools; blacksmithing; Howard H. Smith
- Description: A metal handle with a grooved crosspiece. This is called a swage and is used by a blacksmith to hold a bar of hot metal while it is bent, cut or shaped. This tool was made by Howard H. "Mike" Smith, who ran a dairy farm on Highway 64 in Farmington, New Mexico on land his parents, Robert G. and Alice Smith, homesteaded around 1908.
- Date: 1900-1930
- Collection: Farmington Museum
- Link: Click here to view the complete record for this item