- Title: Albuquerque Municipal Airport, Fred Harvey coffee shop
- Creator: Ward Hicks Collection, gift of John Airy
- Subject: Airport terminals, Airports, Air travel
- Description: Albuquerque in the 1930s had two competing private airports, Oxnard Field on the east of town and the West Mesa Airport. A proposal was made to secure Works Progress Administration (WPA) funds to consolidate Albuquerques commercial air service in one location. Governor Clyde Tingley broke ground in 1937 for the new airport. Albuquerque Municipal Airport opened in 1939 with two runways and a Pueblo style terminal designed by Ernest Blumenthal. Trans World Airlines (TWA), Pioneer Airlines, Frontier Airlines, Monarch Airlines, and Continental Airllines served the airport through the forties and fifties.
- Date: 1950
- Collection: Albuquerque Museum Photo Archives
- Link: Click here to view the complete record for this item